Tuesday, March 5, 2013

8 years...what????

March 6 marks the day Andy asked a question that started it all. My dad came in to tell me it was time to get off the phone (we had a strict no phone after 10 p.m. rule that I totally did not obey). As we were saying our goodbyes that night, he said: "Hey, before you get off I have a question. Will you go out with me?" "Sure" I said. Calm and collected on the outside but I was doing a happy dance on the inside. He then teased me for pronouncing it "shore" and we got off the phone. I remember falling asleep with such a peace that night but I didn't realize in exactly 8 years and 1 month I'd be falling asleep with his last name. So in celebration, here's a blog post especially for you, Andy. I "shore" am glad I get to marry you!

My Andy,
Can you believe we've been together 8 years today? And in exactly ONE MONTH we'll be husband and wife! It's kind of hard to believe but at the same time, we knew we'd get here someday.

I love that our wedding isn't the end of our 8 year journey...it's the beginning of the journey of a lifetime. And there is nobody I'd rather share life's journey with. You make my heart smile.

I think the only thing that would make me happier is if I woke up with Olivia Palermo's wardrobe! (I know you don't know who that is but I'll teach you so many things like that when we live together--I know you can't wait).

I love that some days we are responsible, decision making adults and others we are jumping on the bed to Backstreet Boys or running through the grocery store like children.

You're probably embarrassed I just said that. You're probably embarrassed that I even wrote this blog post but consider it the modern day version of "shouting it from the mountaintops." I had to express my love for you in the "permanent ink" that comes from sharing something on the scary world wide web.

Speaking of scary...how bout this picture of us from year 1? We look like babies! This was our first picture together and you have braces but you can't even tell! We've come a long way...and one day we'll look back at how young we are in our present day photos. So weird but so exciting!
2005
I hate we can't go to dinner tonight but I'll see you this weekend! Signing off on my cheesy, "happy 8 year", love letter blog post now :)
Have a gr8t day (see what I did there?)
I Love you (and our puppy we've yet to meet),
Peyton



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment...